You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team that includes creative directors, designers, producers, product managers, developers and business partners who share your passion for delivering unique and innovative experiences that meet brand and digital goals.
This is a hands-on design position that will balance both hands-on UX design work with strategy and visioning responsibilities.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead UX design for Workhuman digital marketing including the web properties, feature additions and enhancements, new template definition, microsites, apps, and ongoing experience optimization efforts including creation of IA, wireframes, personas, and user journeys.
- Drive a data-driven innovation agenda – meeting our audience where they are in their journey and where they are headed by defining distinctive experiences on new and emerging digital platforms.
- Relentlessly push initiatives from loose concept through final production, ensuring uncompromising standards of quality at every step.
- Lead design project teams including direct reports, internal teams and external creative partners.
- Partner with ecommerce leaders, product owners, and Content Strategy and product design teams to bring initiatives to market that complement strong systems design with rich storytelling creative.
- Drive an iterative approach to experience design - identify user needs, prototype solutions, test ideas, and refine designs with data and user feedback natively integrated into your process.
- Continuously seek out new knowledge in design, SaaS, technology, culture and ecommerce trends—as well as deeper insight on Workhuman products, processes and philosophies and translate this information to your team and its work.
User Centered Design & Experience Optimization:
- Prioritize the audience’s needs and interests and drive the same orientation throughout your team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on user experience for constructing the approach to and interpreting the results of A/B and multivariate test scenarios.
- Define, operationalize and lead the business process for including regular user experience journeys, research, testing and survey methods into the work of the experience team.
- Attract, retain and coach a team of direct reports including, UX designers, front-end and full-stack developers, web content specialists, and project managers.
- Help to define, evolve, and share our digital design standards and best practices to other teams throughout the organization.
- Design and implement an ongoing global experience audit and remediation process
- Nurture the team’s talent and also steer its’ design philosophy, scaling to best in-class-design team of subject matter experts.
- Manage overall budget scoping, planning, and oversight of business unit.
- Responsible for overseeing more tactical matters, keeping an eye on the process inside the Creative team. Monitoring project traffic to ensure workload is prioritized, on-time, and on-budget.
- Present cohesive and persuasive rationales for approaches that demonstrate a clear understanding of goals and our target market, while selling ideas to clients.
- Work directly with a cross-functional team, ensuring that work is completed on time and that final products meet the expectations of clients.
- Effectively manage up to report on progress, innovations, team growth and synergies with other Creative leads.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A leader with 10+ years of user centered design experience with a focus on user experience, product marketing design, and ecommerce design with 5+ years’ experience in building and coaching teams for high impact results
- Exceptional Knowledgeable in contemporary web practices including mobile, responsive web design, social, content marketing and related technologies
- Data-driven, extremely detailed oriented with out-of-this-world project management skills
- Familiarity with Lean UX in an Agile environment and rapid / prototyping techniques (e.g. design sprints)
- A motivator who champions team successes and stays humble in your own success
- A curious and continuous learner of their craft who rarely settles for the first answer and constantly seeks new ways to solve problems
- Bonus points for experience with HR, SaaS, and Ecommerce platforms